Job ref: MJA/SUSHI2ND01
Luxury Sushi Chef – 27K salary package – 47 hour working week in an iconic West London 5* hotel!
This is an opportunity for a fine dining experienced Sushi Chef to join a fantastic team in a hotel in West London. This unique position offers the chance to work in a state of the art kitchen, with excellent weekly working hours. Show off your hard-earned skills and still have time to see the sights of London or spend time with your family and friends!
Due to the impeccable standards and reputation of this 5* West London hotel, a minimum of 3 years proven experience in fine dining, luxury Japanese or Sushi cuisine in any branch of the Hospitality and Catering industry is required. Through this experience, you should be able to demonstrate that you can prepare all types of fish for sushi or sashimi and be able to prepare maki and nigiri.
Perfection in food hygiene is a must as a Sushi Chef considering the risk level of the food with which you will be working – a valid food hygiene certificate is essential, and your knife skills should be of the highest standard. You should be available for evening and weekend shifts and have the creativity to be able to contribute to dish development and menu planning.
This job entails:
* 47 hours a week
* 20 days holiday pro rata + bank holidays
* A creative aspect in the development of new dishes and features
What we need from you:
* 3 years minimum experience as a Sushi Chef in luxury Hospitality and Catering
* Fluent spoken and written English
* Eligible to live and work in the UK – Passport and/or Visa
* Valid Food Hygiene Certificate level 2
* Your own knives and whites, including safety shoes and hat
* A minimum of 2 years of references
The Change Group is acting as an employment agency in this instance. Due to the high volume of applicants expected, only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Contact: Mary-Jo Appaqaq
Job ID: 37650