Junior Sommelier, Modern French Brasserie, Central London
This beautiful, high end Brasserie is looking for a Junior Sommelier to join the team. You will be mentored by the Head Sommelier who is truly passionate and willing to invest in someone who has the right attitude, and who wants to learn and develop.
We are looking for someone who is willing to get stuck in during service, attend training sessions and be a key member of the team, assisting in all areas as required
* Ensure you’re armed with as much knowledge as possible, so you can engage with guests, answering questions, upselling and showing passion as you talk about the wine
* Wine wall and cellar maintenance and organisation with the team
* Lead the customers through the wine list and assists him for the wine selection
* Looking after a section food and wine wise (taking orders, maintenance of service..)
* Organise wine by the glass description with Head Sommelier
* Organise Training Program schedule with Head Sommelier
* Attend tastings with suppliers and winemakers
* Stock management
* Must have WSET Level 2 or above
* Excellent level of the English language
* Experience within a fine dining restaurant
* Creating the perfect journey from start to finish with all your guests
The restaurant is open 7 days a week with most of your days off in a row.
* Double shifts = 11am-close (1am latest)
* Single shifts = 3:30pm-close and sometimes 9am-close
This is a superb opportunity to work amongst some of the industry’s finest so please do get in touch with your CV
The Change Group are acting as an Employment Agency in this instance. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please connect with Helena Ranger on LinkedIn to keep in touch with new opportunities and industry news!
Visit the Change website for full listings of all current job roles.
Contact: Helena Ranger
Job ID: 42056