Head Pastry Chef $45,000
My client are an award-winning operation looking for a well-experienced Head Pastry Chef to join their team
To create and prepare in-house selections of deserts, Ice creams, and petit four served to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To influence and bring new ideas and create innovative recipes.
* To ensure that the staff that are working under your direction get adequate training and you focus on their development.
* To ensure all deserts preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures.
* To ensure food is prepared to required recipe standards, checking for taste, presentation and quality.
* To prepare and cook sufficient desert to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage.
* To ensure desert is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy.
* To ensure all desert sent out is correctly garnished.
* To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs.
* To ensure the pastry and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service.
* There is always a variety of deserts for the customers.
* That standards are meet and exceeded.
What we are looking for
* A passion for excellence.
* Innovator who pushes the boundaries with new ideas and concepts.
* Open and honest.
* Have a keen eye for detail.
* A good team player.
* Experience with large volumes
* Maintain high level of quality
Contact: Dan Lam
Job ID: 16652