Head of Operations – London Venue
Head of Operations – Guest Experience, Box Office & Retail – London – £45-£50K
We are delighted to be exclusively working with an international business who are about to launch their latest exciting project in London, the Company specialise in exhibition experiences featuring art and popular culture, history and science. The venue will feature multiple unique, personal and tangible experiences and will open this year.
The Head of Operations will deliver & execute the overall operational plan (including Retail, Photography, Ancillary and Box Office) to agreed volume, revenue and profitability targets, maximising and driving all ancillary sales revenue through the effective and efficient sales execution and people management of the attraction operations.
To act as key contact and on site project manager for new ticketing system installation. To be the first point of contact for ticketing system provider and their project team. Together with the Ticketing & Systems Manager, ensure successful installation, management and optimisation of the new system and ensure all staff are trained accordingly, including Duty Managers who will have administrative status for the system.
Ultimately, deliver and optimise upon all ticket and secondary spend revenue through staff motivation, training programmes and original/forward thinking sales incentive schemes throughout all customer facing touch points across all box office and secondary spend areas.
Manage the photography provider contract ensuring that SLA’s are met and holding regular meetings with the provider to grow photography spend and develop product.
To be accountable for the retail operation, ensuring the retail offering is current and regularly reviewed. Management of suppliers to ensure efficient stock management control and product development.
Accountable for the Operations and Box Office Team both internally and externally of the attraction, delivering at a consistent high level of customer service and experience. To ensure the Duty Management team manage the rota effectively and to budget
Responsible for the effective staff management, recruitment, training, coaching and mentoring of the Operations and Box Office Team, including Duty Managers.
The Head of Operations is responsible for all health and safety procedures and operational standard operating procedures, ensuring that staff are trained and confident in all procedures and policies.
The Head of Operations will also be required to undertake Duty Management shifts. The Duty Manager shift is responsible for the entire day to day operation of the attraction; staffing, guest experience, attraction presentation, commercial performance and health and safety, including first aid.
Responsible for quality control for the complete exhibition contents and presentation.
Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum of 3 years retail/secondary spend – in store, retailing and merchandising knowledge
* Minimum of 5 years work experience, with a degree or equivalent, of which at least 1-2 years must be at senior management level at a visitor attraction or within a leisure business environment.
* Excellent people skills and a natural leader.
* Proven experience of ticketing systems including strong knowledge in superuser status. Essential to have experience in the delivery and interaction of a new ticketing system installation.
* To possess strong technical and analytical skills.
* Strong man-management and interpersonal skills, whilst commercially minded. Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Strong negotiation skills, able to handle new business vendors/suppliers, manufacturers and distributors.
* Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi task as necessary to meet a multitude of variable deadlines throughout all secondary spend areas.
* Great organisation skills, self-starter, researcher and project management skills required.
* Ability to work with people across all levels and disciplines both internally and externally; with supplier/vendors.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to develop appropriate solutions – experience in service recovery situations in high pressure situations
* Computer skills a must; strong excel skills required, proficiency in MS Word and sound capability and confidence in POS operating systems and knowledge.
Please contact Tom Hutchinson at The Change Group with your current CV, stating your current package
Contact: Tom Hutchinson
Job ID: 15523