Financial Controller, Hospitality & Events
Hospitality & Events
£50-55K basic salary plus bonus
An exciting Financial Controller opportunity has become available with one of the UK’s most creative and dynamic hospitality & event companies.
About to embark on the next exciting chapter, our client is looking for a strong leader who has a range of skills across multiple financial disciplines to support the Board of Directors of the business to make sound business decisions.
As a great communicator with strong business acumen, you must be excited at the prospect of developing your career within a fast moving and ambitious business, with the opportunity to take on more responsibility as the company grows.
The Financial Controller will lead on all aspects of financial operations and reporting, specifically:
* To form a close working relationship with the Board of Directors.
* Provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers to the Board and key stakeholders
* To provide strong leadership and management to the Finance Team
* 5+ years’ experience in accounts or finance.
* Qualified member of a major UK accountancy body – CIMA, ACCA etc.
* Well educated with exceptionally strong written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
* Experience of working in a target driven, fast-growing and dynamic environment.
* Experience in compiling and reporting Board information and key KPI’s and strategic financial planning.
* Experience of managing and leading a team.
* Experience of dealing with international subsidiaries and payments.
* Appropriate experience relevant to the role in Hospitality & Events.
* Exceptional communication skills at all levels
* Keen problem solver with the ability and willingness to take ownership &
* resolve issues
* Ability to be flexible and to thrive in a hardworking team
* Results driven and motivated to work to hit and exceed targets
* Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
* Ability to develop and maintain strong, professional working relationships
* with colleagues
* Experience in using Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google
* Slides) and CRM systems (We use Salesforce).
* Experience of using online accounting systems (we use Xero)
* Full driving license.
* Professional attitude to work
* High integrity and openness combined – committed to good governance.
* Excited to be part of a fast-growing team
* Excellent phone and ‘face-to-face’ manner
* Team Player and self-starter with an enthusiastic and positive outlook
* Methodical and organised approach to work with exceptional attention to detail
* Fun with a good sense of humour!
Closing date for applications Tuesday 3rd April
Interviews from Monday 9th April
Contact: Craig Prentice
Job ID: 17095