Financial Controller Events & Hospitality background
An excellent opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller is now available, to join a successful Events company. The company is one of the most creative and dynamic in the industry, with a fantastic growth since it’s opening and a Global presence.
The ideal candidate must be a good communicator from a hospitality/events background and a strong business acumen.
* Provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers to the Board and key stakeholders.
* To provide strong leadership and management to the Finance Team.
* Monthly management accounts prepared accurately on a timely basis for distribution each month to key stakeholders.
* Monthly reporting of progress vs business plan and forecasts vs budget (including balance sheet, P&L and cash flow reporting and forecasting).
* Quarterly and annual financial reports for the Board and wider stakeholders.
* Building and updating of Sales-force Dashboards with benchmarks to allow for monitoring of progress against targets.
* Maintenance of fully up to date Companies House/shareholder records.
* Accurate and timely VAT and corporate tax returns and payment.
* Effective invoicing, debtor and credit management and procedures based on agreed targets.
* Managing and advising on other finance function and policy considerations such as R&D tax credits, capital allowances, revenue recognition, depreciation, other tax considerations.
* Management of the Finance Team and overall responsibility of the day-to-day finance and bookkeeping functions for both the UK and USA businesses.
* Collation and distribution of key business and commercial KPIs for the senior leadership team, budget holders and managers to create strong KPI’s, targets and business models.
* Proactively reviewing productivity and ways to optimise costs, gross and net margins and efficiency’s.
* Proactively implement any resulting cost control procedures (including appropriate levels of authority and sign off procedures).
* Implement proactive plans to scrutinise the business and keep expenses to a minimum through a robust budgeting and review process.
* Accurate and timely payroll and PAYE management, including managing the company pension arrangements.
* Ensuring that the company insurance policies are appropriate for the levels of business that we are generating.
* Monthly cost and payroll analysis and reporting vs budget.
* Collation of all quarterly sales staff commission calculations for sign off by the Commercial Director.
* Experience in proactively reviewing and implementing appropriate financing, investment and working capital solutions.
We are shortlisting and interviewing candidates in our London Bridge office from Monday the 3rd of April.
Please connect via LinkedIn – Vera Isidro Manhoso
Contact: Vera Manhoso
Job ID: 17839