Job ref: MJA/DEVSOUSKR118
Development Chef – 40Kpa – South London high end event caterer! Excellent hours and paid overtime!
An amazing opportunity has become available for a creative development chef to join a great team on a permanent basis. Michelin, Rosette or Hat experience is essential to this role and you will be expected to be up to date with current trends in the culinary world! You must have a passion for renewing traditional favourites as well as creating your own exciting combinations. As a Development Chef, communication of your ideas is key to proper execution of the dishes, so you should have strong people skills as well as verbal and written communication.
Flexibility and adaptability are also key to improving the menus with your own flair, as you will regularly be incorporating feedback from the clients and from the Executive Chef. Confidence in your presentation and delivery of your dishes is essential in training the brigade with your new creations. This is a great chance for someone with experience in refined kitchens to take a step back from the crushing hours of the fine dining world and apply the knowledge gained in a different setting. Shift patters are largely Monday-Friday, with the occasional weekend. You will be expected to help with some events in order to ensure that your dishes are prepared to spec.
Development Chef – South London events caterer:
* Basic Salary of £40Kpa
* Overtime paid
* Excellent hours – largely Monday to Friday
* Opportunity for creativity to flourish
* Working in a very stable team
What we need from you:
* Previous experience in Michelin or Rosette environment
* Previous experience at Sous Chef level
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Strong inter-personal skills and delegation techniques
* Passport or ID and visa where applicable
* Proof of address ie bank statement or utility bill
* Food Hygiene Certificate L3 in line with Hospitality and Catering industry standards
* National Insurance Number
* 2 years of reference supplied
The Change Group is acting as an employment agency in this instance. Due to the volume of applicants expected, we regret that only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange a registration interview. For a full listing of our opportunities, please visit our website at www.thechangegroup.com.
Contact: Mary-Jo Appaqaq
Job ID: 29120