Chef de Rang – AA Rosette French Restaurant
We are proudly working alongside one of Britain’s finest stately homes which for centuries has drawn the rich and the famous to stay in the peaceful seclusion of its country state, surrounded by award winning facilities. They are now looking for a Chef de Rang to be a part of their AA Rosette award winning international/French fine dining restaurant.
Salary: £19 500 +grats – this could be negotiable for the right candidate plus live in
The main restaurant offers superb International cuisine, with fine wines from their extensive cellar. Serving lunch and dinner, there are also four private dining rooms created to reflect the mood of the occasion.
This role is ideal for someone who can ensure the highest standards within the allocated area of work, present and serve all food and beverage items from the menus and tariffs as directed by the line manager. Responsible for ensuring and maintaining the cleanliness of workplace area. Actively promote the restaurant and its products.
* To ensure stillroom is always in a presentable manner. All silver, crockery and equipment are kept polished and in good order
* To ensure that all the correct mise-en-place is in place for each service, to the levels of the business;
* To assist in carrying out the day to day service to guests, ensuring standards are met and surpassed. To be polite and courteous always;
* To communicate with your fellow colleagues within the department, ensuring product knowledge and awareness throughout, promoting teamwork;
* Ensure requisition as required, of relevant stocks of equipment, dry goods as per business levels;
* To liaise with all your colleagues daily, both front and back of house;
* To have a basic knowledge of the products and services offered in the restaurant ensure that all breakages to equipment and furnishings are reported and recorded
* Must be fully up to date on all aspects of Health & Safety licensing and legislation, as well as food hygiene laws, and employment laws relevant to this position.
* Experience in a restaurant of similar standard;
* A knowledge of culinary French is essential;
* A knowledge of classic and modern cuisine & wines;
* Knowledge of condiments and accompaniments.
If you think you’re the ideal candidate and wants to be part of service and historic excellence send your CV now!
Change Hospitality are acting as an Employment Agency in this instance
Please feel free to connect with Fiona Formicola at Change to keep in touch!
Contact: Fiona Formicola
Job ID: 22988