General Manager |Enchanting Hotel |Beautiful Wedding Venue
A stunning hotel located in the beautiful Irish countryside is looking for a passionate General Manager. The establishment is situated in tranquil parks boasting bridges, folies and seemingly undiscovered waterfalls. The hotel is a botanical marvel boasting exotic horticulture from all over the globe.
The hotel prides themselves on their sustainable practice and the idea of self-sufficiency. Vegetables, fruits herbs and spices are grown on site which are used to create the freshest, seasonal cuisine. Farm animals are soon to wander the grounds creating a true countryside feel.
The right candidate must have a strong hotel background and must have experience managing large functions, particularly weddings. They are require someone who is hands on and who is guest focused- always striving to provide exceptional standards of customer satisfaction. An eye for detail and a passion for food and beverage is essential.
* plan and organise accommodation, catering and other hotel services
* promote and market the business
* manage budgets and financial plans and control expenditure
* maintain statistical and financial records
* set and achieve sales and profit targets
* analyse sales figures and devise market and revenue management strategies
* recruit, train and monitor staff
* plan work schedules for individuals and teams
* meet and greet customers
* deal with customer complaints and comments
* address problems and troubleshoot accordingly
* ensure events and conferences run smoothly
* supervise maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings
* deal with contractors and suppliers
* ensure security is effective
* carry out inspections of property and services
* ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
What we need from you:
* An enthusiastic approach to work
* Passport or ID and visa where applicable
* Proof of address i.e. bank statement or utility bill from the last 3 months
* Food hygiene certificate in line with Hospitality and Catering industry standards
* 2 years of references supplied
* National Insurance number
Due to the expected high volume of applicants we recommend that you get in contact and provide us with your CV so we can arrange interviews as soon as possible. We regret that only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange a registration interview. For a full listing of our opportunities, please visit our website at www.thechangegroup.com.