National Burger Day
Meat Liquor There’s no denying a good burger goes a long way. Vegetarians and carnivores alike all rejoice in a great burger joint, usually paired with oily hot chips and ketchup sauce. Some like it straight up with bacon and cheese, others go gourmet and the curious opt for oriental interpretations (ramen burger anyone?)… But one thing remains certain, there are very few people on this planet that don’t enjoy a well-constructed, juicy burger. How do we honour this noteworthy creation? We throw it a party and give it a day to revel in all its glory.
Where to celebrate the heroic food this Thursday:
- Mac and Wild: The ‘Veni-Moo’ was voted one of the UK’s best burgers, featuring a beef patty, venison patty, cheese with a wondrous béarnaise sauce and caramelised onion. Be adventurous and add some candied bacon, you won’t regret it.
- Burger Joint: Tuck into a classic at Tommi’s and load up on some seriously good sweet potato fries. Wash it all down with a salted caramel shake and flip the middle finger to summer diets.
- Stokey Bears: Arguably some of the best burgers in London. The Grizzly Bear is the real deal, perfect patties topped with double oak smoked bacon, cheese and their incredible Burger Bear Bacon Jam. Make it a 10/10 with some mac n cheese balls and a bespoke Bear Hug beer. Oh happy dayz.
- Meat Liquor: We’re all about the Dead Hippie – two French’s mustard fried beef patties, dead hippie sauce and all the trimmings. They also serve their burgers ‘Rabbit Style’, no bun and wrapped in lettuce leaves for our wannabe skinny friends.
- The Wilmington: While they don’t theoretically focus entirely on burgers, they do one of the best in town – Bun and Cheek. Slow cooked beef cheeks between two buns, complete with a gravy dipping sauce and rosemary chips. A cure for even your darkest days.
- Smokey Tails: Infamously known for their unbelievably tasty home styled BBQ flavours and mouth-watering burgers. Pulled pork and buffalo fried chicken are heroes on the burger list alongside the vegetarian triumph featuring halloumi, rocket, salsa and ST buffalo mayo on a brioche bun. #winning
Think it’s safe to say we’re all now hangry and ready to wrap both hands around one of the most wonderful creations known to man. Happy burger day!
Interested in working front or back of house in a bar, pub or restaurant? We are a hospitality recruitment agency and can help you find chef jobs, bar jobs, waiter jobs and much more. Please get in touch with us on 020 7923 6021 or submit your CV online.